WordPress Backup Plugins (Secure WordPress Data Effortlessly)
If you are an experienced website owner then you know how backups can save you in catastrophic situations when you accidentally lock yourself out or the site gets hacked. Backing up your website is vital because they can give you peace of mind. This is the best thing you can do for your website. But what if you are overwhelmed with all different WordPress Backup Plugins? It can be tricky to choose the right one that fits your needs. So, what are we for? We will help you choose the best WordPress Backup Plugins for your needs by comparing the most popular WordPress Backup Plugins available.
VaultPress is one of the best WordPress Backup Plugins in terms of Convenience and functionality. This security plugin for WordPress is by Automatic, the team behind WordPress.com.
- With VaultPress, you can keep an up-to-date backup of your site with real-time syncing.
- It also has the facility to conduct security scans on regular basis. You can easily identify potential threats and fix them on time.
- If anything happens to your site, a quick and painless restore option can bring your website back to its former glory. This is the reason it is also called WordPress Backup Restore Plugin.
- You can move your website to a fast and reliable host through site migration option.
- A single click can fix detected malware, viruses, and other dangerous threats.
- VaultPress also allows you to automatically block all spammers.
- Can be expensive if you own multiple sites.
- Its limited storage location options can sometimes act as a hinderance in the saving process.
- Unlike other plugins, VaultPress lacks scheduling features. Backup is automatically saved to the cloud.
This premium WordPress Backup Plugin is offered by ithemes. This famous plugin is fully loaded with so many features such as multisite management, multiple remote storage locations and many more.
- With its WordPress Schedule Backup Plugin option, BackupBuddy allows you to easily schedule daily, weekly or monthly backups.
- You can also automatically store your backups in Amazon S3, Dropbox, FTP, Stash, Rackspace Cloud and even email it to yourself.
- There is no monthly fee. It is a lifetime version.
- Lets you customize your backups by database, files etc.
- The easy coning option allows the user to easily copy and migrate the website to any location.
- Backup Buddy helps you manage 10 website backups with sync.
- There is no free version.
- Only scheduled backup option is available.
- It has been observed that BackupBuddy uses lots of data and processing options.
- If you are not tech-savvy then restore option can be cumbersome.
- Some customers even complain about unreliable backouts and timeouts.
This is one of the highest ranked backup plugins. Even the free version of UpdraftPlus offers features like multiple backup locations to the cloud or your computer, Backup WordPress sites to the computer, Single-click backup store, on-demand and scheduled backups and a lot more. The premium version is one of the top picks for WordPress Backup Plugins due to its myriad features such as easy cloning and migration capabilities, database encryption, multisite backup tools and more.
- The easy to use interface makes it one of the most popular WordPress Backup Plugin.
- UpdraftPlus supports both scheduled and on-demand backups.
- The simple backup customization allows the user to schedule separate file and database backups.
- Compared to others, this plugin provides more choices for remote storage locations.
- The excellent restore functionality helps the users in many ways.
- With various cloning and migration tools, it is easy to migrate and create copies.
- It has a good WordPress multisite backup feature.
- If you go by some user’s reviews, they report difficulty in figuring out the advanced configurations.
- Premium support gives more personal and hands-on service.
- You cannot purchase the lifetime updates.
BlogVault can save your website from crashes as well as various security problems. It is actually not a WordPress Plugin But a cloud service that offers backups, security solutions and migrations.
- With no setup required, it is user-friendly and easy to use.
- The 1 click automated restore option allows the user to restore with so much ease.
- BlogVault provides on-demand and scheduled backups.
- It has unlimited storage for backups.
- It offers WordPress Backup to Dropbox and Amazon S3.
- It also enjoys the facility of migration tools.
- The 30-day money back guarantee lets the user take a wise decision.
- No free version available.
- Though BlogVault has some great features they come at a higher price.
- It gets pricey in case of multiple websites.
Though you might get more features in other free backup plugins but BackWPup is still considered a great tool to backup your WordPress site. BackWPup’s free version gives you the ability to manage separate file and database backups, good scheduling options, email, and multiple cloud options while BackWPup Pro offers you Google Drive backup, multi-site backup management along with other features.
- Free version is available with many useful features.
- It has the facility to schedule database and file backups.
- This plugin offers multiple free backup options to the cloud.
- This is a user-friendly plugin.
- If you have multiple sites then this plugin is great to use.
- You cannot clone or migrate your site with BackWPup.
- Pricing is higher when you have multiple domain licenses.
- BackWPup restore is one separate app and it is not yet available in BackWPup Pro.
- You must schedule as there is no on-demand backup facility.
- No cloning and migration tools.
The name itself is suggesting about the real strength of this WordPress Backup Plugin. Duplicator is all about cloning and migration. Duplicator Pro is considered one of the best for site migration and offer much better backup features.
- If you own multiple licenses, you will find it cheaper.
- On-demand and scheduled backups are also possible.
- If you are not satisfied with the plugin, avail the facility of 30-day money back guarantee.
- It provides excellent cloning and migration.
- Remote backup storage including Dropbox, Google Drive, and Amazon S3.
- This plugin is less intuitive as compared to other plugins.
- It also lacks file and database customization.
- It does not give any restore backup features.
- Free version of this plugin offers fewer features than other free plugins.
This backup plugin is perfectly integrated with WordPress and possesses the ability to create differentials backups of your sites manually as well as automatically.
- Receive email notifications when a backup is complete.
- Ability to split backups into smaller parts if it is over the limit.
- Restore your WordPress site easily.
- You have to pay for additional support.
- It is not suitable for beginners.
This plugin is also a great WordPress Backup Plugin offering many useful features.
- Perfect solution for saving recent files.
- Backup your site to your favorite cloud storage sites.
- Consumes fewer server resources.
- Restoring can be painful if you have a lot of changes to restore.
- Lack of information what’s going on.
This one is a bit complex type of WordPress Backup Plugin As it is more experienced developers. It offers daily, weekly and monthly backups and all the scheduled backups are compressed into a zip file.
- Translation of plugin to any language is possible.
- No need to pay anything for this plugin.
- Numerous backups can be scheduled.
- It’s up to how many backup files you want to keep.
- Backing up is a time-consuming process.
- It is more technical in nature.
- The only storage options are SFTP, FTP, FTPS.
- Restoring must be done manually.
WPMU DEV members are entitled to use Snapshot Pro for all backup and restore needs. Convenient, fast and safe are the most important features of this WordPress Backup Plugin.
- It is entirely your decision whether you want to back up a specific set of files or the entire website.
- Multi-site backup facility is also available.
- Restore everything with a quick, one-click restore option.
- Backups are all automated.
- No free version available.
WP Database Backup by Prashant helps to store database backup on the safe places such as FTP, Dropbox, Google Drive, Email and Amazon S3. Database backup and restore database backup can be easily done with just a single click.
- Backups can be done in a single click.
- Auto backup facility is available.
- It is user-friendly and easy to install.
- Simple to configure.
- Multiple storage destinations.
- Sort backup list.
This is one of the great ways to manage WordPress websites.
- Setup can be done in minutes.
- Regular security checks help to secure your data.
- You can add multiple sites to Manage WP Backup and all are free.
- A single click will allow bulk update all of your websites.
FileTrip is scalable, flexible and easy to use WordPress Backup Plugin. This responsive plugin can work in multiple browsers elegantly.
- Can choose multiple destinations to send backup copies.
- You can upload files from mobile phones too.
- FileTrip allows you to upload and forward files instantly.
- It has the capability to chunk the backup into pieces and upload them to the desired storage channel.
A final look
Still, you have lots of WordPress Backup Plugins to choose from? Now you must be wondering which one is ideal for my website. We have provided the necessary information to help you choose which plugin is best for your individual site and budget needs. So, it is time to compare the pros and cons. Clear the fog and find the answers. If you have any experience using any of these plugins, our comment section is all yours.